Help me be less Annoying
As I was waiting in line at the store today, I realized that I am incapable of standing in a line and not looking annoyed. Is there any way to stand without looking incredibly annoyed? No matter what I did, it came out like this:
I tried so many different ways of trying to look like there was no place I would rather be than in that line. Here’s what I tried.
- Arms folded across my chest.
- One hand in pocket, one casually resting on the register table.
- Inching closer to the person in front of me and coughing quietly.
- Shifting my weight back and forth from one foot to the other while sighing loudly.
- Muttering, “I mean, seriously? How long have we been here? Hellooooo?”
None of these casual stances gave off the vibe I desired. Maybe I just have one of those faces that always looks annoyed. Please let me know if you have any solutions for ways to stand casually without looking annoyed. I struggle with this generally, but it’s especially hard whenever I am waiting in a line because it sure seems like people intentionally take fucking forever just to piss me off. Am I right? Who’s with me?
See below for some pictures of my face so you can judge for yourselves.
This is my happy face (I probably had just eaten a shitload of ice cream)
Here’s me politely asking Anne to give me back my ipad immediately.
Here’s me explicitly trying to smile instead of doing an annoyed face.